Need Help with Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sdoerr

One of my customers returned a Jr. Statesman to me to see if I could fix it. The nib and its holding unit are stuck in the pen cap. It is pushed in so I can't get the body of the pen to screw into the nib unit. Does anyone have any suggestion on how I might be able to get it out without destroying the whole pen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Wrap a bit of masking tape around some needle-nose pliers and reach up into the cap. Grab an edge with the pliers and try to screw the nib and front section out.

Can you post a quick picture to see what you're working with?

darrin1200

I am not familiar with the Statesman components, but I have done tis with a Baron.

Do you have an extra Jr Statesman threaded coupling? If so, it should fit all the way in without the rest of the barrel. You could make a temporay handle on it, and use itmlike a screw driver.

Hope this helps.

sdoerr

Well, I managed to get the nib and holding unit out of the cap today. I used an allen wrench that was a tight fit in the top of the nib hold and managed to get it out. The customer had jammed it in so deep that it had bent the tip of the nib completely back. So, now all I have to do is replace the nib.
Thanks for your help,
Steve

brez

Steve,

How can the customer jam the nib that far? Unless he bent the nib and then jammed the bent nib up until it got jammed crosswise in the cap.

Mike

sdoerr

The customer was the mother and the pen was a gift to her 15 or 16 year old son. I'm not sure what he did but whatever it was he did it up right :-D

Top Bottom