Need help finding an orange acrylic blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Majorbdk

I was contacted by a small college in my hometown today. They want me to make 30-40 pens for their Fall Trustee meeting. A while back to purchased a few orange blanks but now I can't seem to find or remember who had them. I have looked and looked so I turned to the great minds of IAP. Here is a picture of the blank.

Attachments

• DSC03358.jpg
    DSC03358.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chasper

are those corian blanks? There is a corian color called tangerine that is a nice orange.

I made several orange pens for a special order to match a school color. I used nail polish to color the resin to the right color of orange.

Jmhoff10500

If you cant find anyone, i can make you some that are this color ( I poured it 2 min. ago, and haven't put in my vacuum chamber yet so the bubbles go away...)

P1050030.jpg

Wild Turkey

If these are corain contact coriain king here on IAP. He is running an ad for custom pen stands in the classified section. He has the Mandrin orange he can sell you.

PTownSubbie

Use Mandarine Orange Corian. What style pens are you making?

I can get you 1/2" orange corian if that will work for you. Corian is much easier to finish than PR also. IMHO

Let me know if I can help.

Majorbdk

They are still trying to decide what type pen they want. It is down to a Sierra and a Cigar pen right now. PR or Corian would work. I have turned both with great success.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
They are still trying to decide what type pen they want. It is down to a Sierra and a Cigar pen right now. PR or Corian would work. I have turned both with great success.
Wow! can you even turn a cigar in 1/2" Corian? Anyway Corian King is a guy I've done a lot of business with and he will do right by you, I highly recommend him.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I think I just got a few exactly like that last week from an order from WoodCraft in the "Closeout" Blanks.

Sawzall

Orange Blanks

I think I just got a few exactly like that last week from an order from WoodCraft in the "Closeout" Blanks.

I was thinking the same thing. I got one from Woodcraft in their closeout special that looks very similer to what you posted. I believe the name of the blank is Sweet Potato. The product number is 149144. Wood-N-Whimsies also has some cool acrylic orange blanks and some Spalted Maple blanks in orange. Good luck with your search.

Top Bottom