Need help finding an 'Eggplant' blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

The_Foo

A few months back, I turned a pen for a woman at work using an old blank I had on hand. She loved the color and wants another pen with the same blank for a matching set. I can't remember where I bought it at and can't find it online. Does anyone know where I can find a blank called 'Eggplant'? It's a deep purple color, as shown in the pic below. Thanks!

BTW, sorry for the poor picture, it was one of those times where I'm walking out the door and realized that I forgot to take a picture of the pen I was dropping off at work that day.

Attachments

• Mesa-Chrome-Eggplant Acrylic.jpg
    Mesa-Chrome-Eggplant Acrylic.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 170
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LeeR

If the eggplant blank from Woodcraft is not the one, I turned a deep purple inlace acrylester blank last year. Very deep purple, but it was a bit brittle, so take it slow to start if you've not turned the inlace blanks.

The_Foo

Thanks! That's the one! I looked on the Woodcraft site but I didn't put a space between Egg and Plant when I did a search, taking out that space makes a world of difference!

okiebugg

Bois 'D Rose

If you can find a small piece of Bois 'D Rose, You will not only find the right color, but you will fall in love with the wood. Dalbergia maritimas is the genus It is only found on the Island of Madagascar. It is deep purple with a few black lines running thru it.

If you cant find it on Ebay or internet suppliers, PM me. I'll have 10 pieces by Friday. They are a bit pricey. It takes a finish until it looks like a diamond in a goats a**

Top Bottom