Need Help With Color Choice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

William Young

I am building a 16 pen display case with plexiglass lid. The interior is going to have a flocking coating but I only have red and green. I would think something like grey would be best but I dont have time to order another color and get it in time for showing some pens at an upcoming fair.
I am leaning towards green because of red being a component color in some woods so that there would be more of a contrast with green between the pens and the background color. Does anyone think I should use red ? and if so, why?
W.Y.

melogic

William,
I think your choice of green would be the best. Just for the reasons you stated. It goes a lot better with most woods especially the dark woods. I've tried red backgrounds when taking pictures of pens and it has a tendency to take away from the pens themselves. Just my opinion.

ilikewood

Blue would also be a color of choice. In the yahoo group, colors of backgrounds were discussed a few months ago with blue being preferred by most as blue is not a common wood color (neither is green) and would not interfere with photography. I think either one would do just fine IMHO. (which really isn't worth much)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom