Need Help With Clickers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Boodrow

Hello everyone I have a couple of questions about click pens. I was at the doctor with my wife today and he saw my pen and asked were I got it. Well ya'll know where it went from there. Well it turns out that he went to UT and his favorite color is blue, however he specifically wants a click pen. I've made tons of Sierras and they are actually my best sellers next to the slims and cigars but, I've never made a click pen. Reading through all of the post in the Library it seems that the two top clickers are the long click and the Sierras. I know where to find the Sierras but can't seem to find a distributor for the long clicks.
What do ya'll suggest? Thanks for the help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

burgerman

I get the long click kits from here:

http://laulauwood.com/Default.asp

The Sierra clickers have always had kind of cheap feel to me. The spring seems kind of
weak, and the mechanism just feels flimsy when you click it. But that's just my opinion.

Everyone really seems to like the look and feel of the long click pens, in my experience.

Good luck with it!

bgibb42

The Sierra clickers have always had kind of cheap feel to me. The spring seems kind of
weak, and the mechanism just feels flimsy when you click it. But that's just my opinion.

If you decide to go with the Sierra click, shorten the tube and eliminate the little metal spacer that is supplied with the kit. I love the Sierra click pens, and this modification really makes them feel a lot better and perform better too, IMHO.

greggas

I love the Clicker from CUSA...made a bunch last year..they also have a matching click mechanical pencil. I like the clicker better than the Sierra since it shows off alot of wood

el_d

1_untitled.jpg

I really like these. This is a clear cactus long click that I got from Mesquiteman and painted the inside of the blank red. I used automotive touch up paint and the color screams from behind the cactus. I also did a blue for my wife that is really nice(Zen) but not a click. ( its in my images)

I have also made the sierras and shortened the tube to eliminate the metal piece that comes with the kit. I like it too. I think Ernie (Beartooth woods) has an upgrated plating sierra click that I have been wanting to try.

Either way they are both nice click pens. Have no experience with the other clicks.

Pretty blank= Long click
small piece or expensive= Sierra.

IMHO

rjwolfe3

I have made and used nearly every click pen out there. None are perfect but I like the Long Clicks the best. I used one daily that I got 2 years ago in a PITH trade that I love to death. If you go with the PSI one make sure it is the better platings.

Top Bottom