Need Exotic Woods

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JBCustomPens

Hey Guys,

I was wondering where a good place to get burls and very rare woods like those is. I'm going to be making some high end pens soon and want some recommendations on only woods to use. Thanks for all the help! :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I guess I remember an Emporer using a 7/8 inch blank but if you contact him he probably can still help with your need for larger stock.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Wood doesn't always come to you, sometimes you have to wait for IT. Over the past couple years, we have seen some extraordinary woods advertised here. But, when they are gone, they cannot be replaced.

There are several reliable sources, but you may have to participate for a year or so if you want really great stuff.

Keep your eyes open and your wallet close by.

Good luck!!

Texatdurango

Like Ed says, it's all in the timing! Recently I came into some really nice Amboyna burl and sold some 7/8" wide pieces on the forum. I still have the slab they came from and saved some for myself but have more than I'll ever need so can cut more if you are interested, here is the thread... http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53242

But please keep in mind, regardless of what the vendor kit ads say, an emperor can be easily made from a 3/4" blank. I make them, Imperials and the Lotus pens from 3/4" blanks all the time without incident.

Nolan

You can get wood and burl from me in any size and almost any quantity... I have aprox. 15000 lbs of burl and exotics in stock currently. This stock is in whole burl form so I can and will cut it to any size you need.
Nolan

I love some of his stuff! Unfortunately, I need about 1" stock or bigger as I'm doing emperors and such. Thanks for the suggestions so far!:)

Top Bottom