Need Decals Printed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Hello folks. I am trying to make a small number of pens with eh KSU and KU Logos. Yes I am obtaining permission, but to do so I have to actually submit a sample or a photo of my work.

The KSU Logo (Powercat) is pretty easy. basically purple but I do not have the actualy file for the art work yet.

KU is going to be another story. It is a fairly detailed multi color Jayhawk with KU on it's chest. I do have a file for that image that was sent to me by the KU Licensing Administrator. There is no infrengment for printing this image on decal paper or for me to make the sample pen.

Rather than hunt down all the programs, a printer that will work well enough and all that to print one page of decals. I was hoping someone out there that prints decals already would be willing to print me one page that is half KU and Half KSU pen size logos. IF it has to be cigar size pens that is just fine.

I am willing to pay for the work and will be trying to get an actual file of the Powercat and other KSU logos.

One other point. KSU is exact on the color requirements. To the point they actually list the Pantone ratios for the correct color of their logo. I am certain that actual artwork done by them will solve any problems this might cause.

Thanks All

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GColeman

I don't have the experience or equipment to print you decal but if you will entertain a question I would be grateful.

Which department at the respective universities did you contact to obtain permission?

hewunch

There is a reason I asked my question. And if you are putting those decals on any dark colored blank and don't get the right kind of decal it will look terrible.

Daniel

The decals are planned for going against a white background but no guarantee on the KSU Pen. I am actually looking for an acrylic or polyresin blank that is a swirl of the schools two main colors Purple and white for KSU and Red and Blue for KU. The KU logo will probably be the hardest to keep looking right.

Gary contacted me and I think I have my printer.

As far as contact. I started with the Alumni Association of both schools. they put me in contact with the person I needed to talk to. At KU the title was Liscensing Administrator. Not sure what the title of the person will be at KSU.

Thanks Yall. you make life so very simple.

hewunch

If they are not going on a light/white background you will lose the color, ESPECIALLY with the dark colors of those schools. If the decals are not printed using a color laser you will need to use the fixative on the color (added cost). If you need any help let me know.
Hans

Daniel

Hans, For now the KSU Logo is the purple part and is going to go against a white background. In the case of the KU pen their blue is a lighter blue but still in the dark color tones. and the red is a fire engine red. not exactly sure how I am going to work around that one. my best shot would be to place the decal against just a blue portion of the blank and hope for the best. Red is a dominant color and not much can stand up against it. I don't think KU is as particular about color rendition as KSU is. KSU is so picky they actually have a name for the color of purple they will approve. I suppose I could just paint the blank white in the area of the decal also. just make a template to spray it for each blank. I am not sure all this is going to amount to a lot of pens but this is a niece that opened a gift shop in Kansas and is already doing a fair job of selling my pens. Better than any other consignment has done so far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom