Need a CSUSA celluloid blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mick

I got a call from a customer today. She wants a Panache out of Blue Swirl celluloid(item # 050-0162) from Craft Supplies. It's the dark blue blank with black and white lines as well as dots throughout it.

2007410232431_050-0110.jpg

Problem is I just got an order from them last week and really don't need anything just now. I hate to make up an order just for one blank. Has anyone got one or two in the 7/8 size they can spare? I'll gladly pay whatever your cost was plus shipping if you could send it to me.
Thanks in advance folks!
Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Yeah Chuck , I make em all the time with the 7/8 blanks from CSUSA. I know they say at least a 1" blank but if you drill real straight...... The only thing when using them is there's not a lot of room at the base for any embellishments!
Thanks anyway Lee, but our very own Ed4copies let me know he has one!

Mick,
My hat off to you... the finished pen is about 13/16" at the cap ends... I am definitely impressed if you can get that out of a 7/8" blank... man, you are paper thin at the ends... I think the panache is a really interesting pen to make.. I've only done 3 so far, but plan some more in the future... I'm going to try one from an acrylic..after seeing Ed Brown's demo at the SWPTG in Urbana, I'm more comfortable with acrylics.. please post a picture of yours when finished.

alxe24

Originally posted by ozmandus
<br />Mick,
My hat off to you... the finished pen is about 13/16" at the cap ends... I am definitely impressed if you can get that out of a 7/8" blank... man, you are paper thin at the ends... I think the panache is a really interesting pen to make.. I've only done 3 so far, but plan some more in the future... I'm going to try one from an acrylic..after seeing Ed Brown's demo at the SWPTG in Urbana, I'm more comfortable with acrylics.. please post a picture of yours when finished.

Although I'm not Mick I'll show you a pen with a CSUSA acrylic. Think of it like this. This pen tapers all the way so as long as you can enter dead center it does not matter if you deviate a bit on the other end since you have more space to play with. I could understand the heroism if it's a straight cut you need on that length and diameter. You should try it, the mistake would not cost more than $3.99 [:D] or you can do what I did on the wood pen, use Ebony ends [;)]
Regards,
Alex

200741273343_Panache-04.jpg

200741273425_Panache-01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom