Need bushing sizes for 7mm round top euro kit.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick_G

Got a bunch of 7mm round top european and didn't order the bushings. Got the 8mm bushings with kits a while and never thought about it when getting the 7mm pen kits. Any one with a micrometer care to measure them for me. Mostly I need the center bushing/s size. I can measure the fittings for the end bushing.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Rick,

There are several different "Euro" kits. If I were you, I would measure the parts that you have and make the blank match it.

FWIW

Rick_G

That's likely what I will do Ed. I've started turning between centers because I get better results. Takes a little longer but I am retired and I give most of them away to friends and family so the time does not count, I'm having fun.

Got the kits from Lee Valley if that's any indication. The center band secton is what is messing me up right now. The kit directions call for a 0.240 tenon on the upper blank which is the exact width of the center band. Looking at the center band there is a section .050 that looks like it should ride over the lower blank when the pen is put together which means the tenon should only be 0.190. Am I missing something here?

Top Bottom