Need blank suggestions for a purple slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dolphinjon

Howdy all! My wife has been showing off my pens at her job at a church, The church secretary has asked me to make a couple of purple slimline pens for her husband for Christmas. They need to be a nice deep purple. I've been doing a lot of resin pens lately, and she likes the look of a lot of the acrylic pens I've done. I just am worried about the pen being too pale once I've turned it down enough for a slimline. Having said all of that, I'm at a loss on what to order. She would probably even by ok with a purple stabelized wooden blank, but I'm even having trouble finding those. I appreciate any suggestions you can give!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dolphinjon

Exotics has a nice feature where you can search by color ...
Here is what comes up for Purple/violet
Purples & Violets

P.S. be sure to paint your brass tubes

I've learned that one the hard way recently... Also learned that white is not always the best choice.
Thanks for the suggestion though. I've ordered from ExoticBlanks twice in the past month. You'd think I would have thought about checking there. I will now though

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Exotics has a nice feature where you can search by color ...
Here is what comes up for Purple/violet
Purples & Violets

P.S. be sure to paint your brass tubes

I've learned that one the hard way recently... Also learned that white is not always the best choice.
Thanks for the suggestion though. I've ordered from ExoticBlanks twice in the past month. You'd think I would have thought about checking there. I will now though

We would like to let everyone know, we do not have a maximum number of orders per month---you are ALLOWED to order as OFTEN and as MUCH as you please!!!:bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies035:

ALexG

I did a couple of this with a PSI blank, my customers loved it

1_IMG0018.jpg

Last edited:

ericofpendom

Hi, I just made a batch of purple resins and turned them, they might do?

Eric...

Attachments

• DSCF6003.jpg
    DSCF6003.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCF6004.jpg
    DSCF6004.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCF6005.jpg
    DSCF6005.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 95

LeeR

I did a pen in a really deep purple -- it was Inlace Acrylester. It was about 2 years ago, so I do not remeber the name of the color (although a Google search shows a #4 Deep Purple, which may be the one). It was so deep purple it looked almost black in low light. A bit tricky to turn, but a really nice deep color.

Top Bottom