Need belt for Jet Mini VS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

I'd like to change out the belt on my Jet Mini VS but don't know where I can get one. I did a search on the forum and saw Belts For Anything recommended, but their website seems to be down.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OldWrangler

Call the factory and tell them your belt broke and they will get one in the mail right away at no charge. That's what they did for me. Putting the belt on is another trick. Can be done but it ain't easy.

Randy_

They are probably just updating their site; but here are two other sources.

JET Belt Number: Carlisle Poly-Rib 240J

Link to site for purchase of JET belts;
Company name: Michigan Industrial Belting
Phone number:1-800-778-1650
http://www.mibelting.com/indbelt.htm
Note: These guys don't have on line ordering. You have to call their customer service line.

Here is another one:
http://www.aarubcorubber.com/
Hey folks if you ever need a belt for your Jet and dont want to pay $18 from jet plus $19.95 shipping, then check out Belts For Anything.
http://www.beltsforanything.com/site59.php
For a Jet 1014VS the belt is a 240J 3 ridge. Price each $6.36 Shipping via first class is a whopping $.75 for two belts.

VisExp

Thanks for the resources guys. George, do you have the number for the Jet factory? I'd like to try them first, failing that I'll give the Michigan company Randy listed a call.

Randy_

The JET phone number is on their web site; but it is very hard to find now that they have updated their web site. It always takes me several minutes to find it and I know more or less where it is. Let me track it down for you Keith.

VisExp

1-800-274-6848

8-5 CST

Thank you Randy. I'll give them a call.

Nice of you to do that. Change your avatar from eagle to angel.
I will help old folks in their wheelchairs. But, I would have let him look up the number himself.

Frank, I'm not an old folk in a wheelchair and I'm perfectly capable of looking up the number myself, but I'm guessing that it took Randy about the same amount of time and effort to look that number up as it took you to make your post.

VisExp

I called Jet and they wanted over $20 for the belt. I called Michigan Industrial Belting and spoke to a very helpful lady. The part number of the belt is 240J. It is a v-groove belt, 3 ridges, 24" length. They are sending me two belts for less than $15 plus shipping.

Thanks for the help.

Randy_

Nice of you to do that. Change your avatar from eagle to angel. I will help old folks in their wheelchairs. But, I would have let him look up the number himself.

Frank: I doubt anyone will ever mistake me for an angel!!:wink:

Normally, I would agree with you and let the guy find the number for himself. But I know from experience that this number is hard to find. If I can get the number in a minute or two and Keith would have wasted a half hour finding it (which I have already done), why not help him out. Isn't that a little of what IAP is supposed to be about.

The number used to be very easy to find on the JET web site; but since they upgraded it, that is no longer the case. It is buried deep within the site at a location that many are not likely to view. Additionally:

1. The number is not listed in the Internet phone directories that I have looked at.

2. Searching for the number is complicated by the fact that JET Equipment & Tools,. Inc is located in Auburn, WA while the customer service and parts dept. is located in Tennessee.

3. The number is not listed in the Internet 800 directory.

4. There is a number listed for JET (Tennessee) in the 800 directory; but it is not the correct one.

5. I hate wasting time on the telephone so if i can help someone avoid the same with minimal disruption to my own schedule, I am happy to do it.

6. Besides that, Keith is my second cousin!!

You sure are getting to be a crusty old bird in your declining years. just had to throw that in because i am definitely not planning on growing wings anytime soon!!:)

This place has great customer service and fast shipping.

http://www.beltsforanything.com/site6.php

Keith,
These guys are great and you'll get 3 belts for the price Jet wants, plus shipping will be about 10% of Jet's cost... I bought 3 belts for my 1014 from them and with shipping, the cost was about $19.

You may have to call them, they are in Lafayette, right in IKE's path... may be getting back together again now.

Good people to do business with.

Top Bottom