Need Advise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

CountryPens

I need a recommendation. A female co-worker has asked me to make a pen for her to give to her fiancé. She would like it to be a Fountain Pen as he often wrote her letters with a Fountain Pen. He is Jewish, so I am thinking of using some of the BOW which she seemed very excited to learn was available and should make the gift even more special. My question is what type of Pen would you recommend? I have not yet made a Fountain Pen. I have made approx 100 / 125 pens â€" slimlines, euros, perfect Fits, Sierra’s, ETC. I have developed a very good CA finish process, basically Don Ward's technique.

Any advice would be helpful.

Lester

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

The Baron fountain pen is a very nice pen, straight forward and easy to make, the El Grande Fp is also a great pen. But there are also other options, like Gent Jr and the Gent and the new models from CSUSA.
Make it from BOW, but call it Jerusalem Olivewood. I have a special write up made for my Jewish customers for this wood. Do not forget the area from where the wood comes, is not only of importance for the Christians, but also Muslim and Jewish people as well.

mrcook4570

The Statesman and Jr Statesman are also very nice. If you can easily make all the kits you listed, then a fountain pen will not be any problem at all.

wayneis

For my money the kit with the most class is the Imperial. It looks large but when you write with it, it writes so smooth its just amazing. My opinion.

Wayne

CountryPens

Thanks for the input. I will look closely at all the Kits mentioned. How would I go about purchasing specific "Jerusalem" wood?

Lester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom