Navigator Pen - Woodcraft

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodchuckcuda

I wanted a new challenge and was met with a very entheusiastic gentleman named Thom (with a H) here at the 2nd Woodcraft on the SW side of Houston. Seemed knowledgeable. Showed me his "extremely rare" olive wood Navigator. It was a nice looking pen. I bought three. And $40 worth of special brad point bits. And a butt load of other acylic as it waas on sale.

I should have run like the wind when I noticed the catalog has no reference of bushings available for the pen. Thom (with a H) assured me the El Grande bushings would work beautifully. They do not!!

Before I turn come corian for some bushings, does anyone know of a commercial fix for my delima.

By the way, Thom is a nice guy, but check out his recommendations before leaving the store.

Thanks for your help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

igran7

It is identical to the Baron. You can use Baron/Sedona bushings from Arizona Silhouette. You are correct, El Grande bushings are way, way, way off.[:0]

woodchuckcuda

I knew you guys could help. Navigator/Baron, they thry to confuse us with words.

The catalog shows NA for the bushings. However the Woodcraft website references 146019 as a P/N.

GerryR I think he is just a bozo under the bus!

Thanks for your help.

JHFerrell

Just have to jump in on this one. As the Assistant Manager of a Woodcraft store, I find this kind of service unacceptable. That sales associate obviously needs some further training regarding pens kits and bushings. As has already been mentioned, the Navigator and the Baron are indeed the same kit. Woodcraft's pen kits are, for the most part, Berea kits. Berea is the supplier of the Baron kit and the Navigator. (Only Woodcraft calls it the Navigator)

There is indeed a set of bushings for the Navigator. They are identical to those for both the Baron and Sedona. Which only makes sense!;) El Grande bushing for the Navigator? Ridiculous. Never work. :(

Unfortunately, not all of Woodcraft's pen kits are shown in the printed catalog. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

I'm sorry you got this kind of service from a sister store. Believe you me, this would not happen in my store!

Top Bottom