Navigator pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnStout

Evening guys I've been reading the posts for a while now and bet you all have seen everthing.:) I did a navagator roller ball today and for some reason the nib holder unscrews with the cap sometimes. It seems to be assembled correctly " not cross threaded " and when you roll it on the table like a pool cue its not uneven or dosn't wobble. I notice when you screw the cap on you can feel the flattened sides of the nib holder touch the sides of the cap.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
JOhn=
I saw your post last nite and thought that those who have had more experience with this pen might respond.
I have turned Navigators which is the same as a Baron.
For the life of me I can't offer anything as to why
can feel the flattened sides of the nib holder touch the sides of the cap.
If it is assembled properly the black plastic threaded parts mate in such a manner there is no way that can happen( I may be wrong.)
AS far as the first issue you brought up
for some reason the nib holder unscrews with the cap sometimes.
It would seem the the tube in some way got enlarged.This could happen during the milling, or cleaning some glue out of the end of the tube where that fitting goes in.
I have one other theory,Did you by any chance have ant serious catches while roughing the blank?
Any more information you can provide might be helpful answering your question.

JohnStout

Originally posted by ctEaglesc
<br />JOhn=
I saw your post last nite and thought that those who have had more experience with this pen might respond.
I have turned Navigators which is the same as a Baron.
For the life of me I can't offer anything as to why
can feel the flattened sides of the nib holder touch the sides of the cap.
If it is assembled properly the black plastic threaded parts mate in such a manner there is no way that can happen( I may be wrong.)
AS far as the first issue you brought up
for some reason the nib holder unscrews with the cap sometimes.
It would seem the the tube in some way got enlarged.This could happen during the milling, or cleaning some glue out of the end of the tube where that fitting goes in.
I have one other theory,Did you by any chance have ant serious catches while roughing the blank?
Any more information you can provide might be helpful answering your question.

JohnStout

Nope no catches no problem screwing any of the parts together all in all it was one of the easier kits to assemble that I've done it almost seems that the nib is a little too big for the top, I noticed that its not round but fauceted and the corners of the faucets seem to be what rubs there is almost no way to assemble it wrong, but if there is I'll probably find it.[:D]

gerryr

I've made quite a few Barons and have never seen anything like this. I don't understand how it could happen either or what could cause it. Could you post a couple of pictures, one closed and one open? There might be something in the picture that may help.

JohnStout

tn_Navigator.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom