Navigator disassembling the lower barrel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Do you have the Harbor Freight punch set?

Fountain pen or rollerball (can you get the spring out of your way? and rescrew the top on)

jimm1

That's a tough one. I used a small punch that fit into one of the threaded pieces and at an angle, I kept tapping while I moved/rotated the punch around the opposite side threaded insert. It's a long and tedious process, but once I got one end off, I simply used a bigger punch to tap out the opposite end.

ToddMR

I use the PSI punch set. It has been SO handy. I have disassembled all types of kits with it. I tried using other things prior to it, and it just didn't work as well.

sbell111

There is nothing that cannot be dissassembled through the proper application of a hammer.

Like others, I use the method described by Jimm1. It's irritating and takes a few minutes, but it gets the job done.

I also second (third) the suggestion to buy a punch set. However, get one from harbor freight, rather than PSI, and save a few bucks.

tim self

I have an old front section of a RB. Screw it into a one end. Block of wood drilled large enough for the section to fit into but ring sets on. Tap it out, switch ends and do all over again.

Top Bottom