Navigator Cap Finial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Does anyone know where I can get just the Navigator finial that presses into the clip end of the cap? I had a bunch laser engraved for a company, then they backed out on the deal, and I'm stuck with like 50 kits that are worthless unless I want to make 50 closed end cap kits, which I don't want to do.

Cheers,

Adam

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Sorry I can't help you, but I hope you collected at least enough upfront to cover your cost of the ruined kits and engraving.

Another option is to turn your own finials (instead of making a closed-end pen).

+1

Drill out the old "stone", then epoxy in a button turned from the same material as the pen.

(This is assuming the engraving is on the enameled "stone", and not the metal-plated part.)

The engraving is on both teh "stone" and the metal part. Unfortunately.

I would turn my own finial, but if I'm doing that I might as well just turn a closed-end cap. I'm getting the mandrel for that from Arizona Silhouette next week. I don't know if all my customers would like that, though. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

Knucklefish

the Navigator is one of my favorite pen kits. I would be interested in taking 10-15 off your hands if we can work the price out. I don't want to take advantage (in an opportunist way) of your situation but since I will have to turn my own finials and buying a qty should warrant some discounts. If this is of interest to you please send me a PM.
Thanks.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Why not simply take the 50 laser engraved finials to a plating company and get them re-plated:confused:

Alternately, I would turn down a rod of probably black PR and part off 'buttons' to replace the finials.

Top Bottom