Mystery Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Need a little help identifying a pen kit I recently obtained. A member of our woodturning club went to an estate sale and found a lot of pen making supplies. He scooped up all the kits into a large bag, paid $150.00 and then sent me an email offering them to me for what he paid -- he's not a penturner.

After going through the bag (over 100 intact kits) I discovered one kit I had not seen before. See the photos.

The Nib end and cap are metal but with a matte black finish. The tube is 3" long and measures 9mm OD and 21/64" ID. The long chrome device appears to be a combo transmission and nib holder. It looks like it takes a Cross-style refill.

The last photo shows the kit as it would be assembled.

Any of you long time turners recognize this?

Attachments

• Mystery Kit1.jpg
    Mystery Kit1.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 249
  • Mystery kit2.jpg
    Mystery kit2.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Mystery kit3.JPG
    Mystery kit3.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 186
  • Mystery kit4.jpg
    Mystery kit4.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 243
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

Looks like the original Wall Street kit from woodcraft. I have one I just found in a box and was getting ready to turn it.

If it's the same kit, it's a finial twist, and the clip rotates with the finial. It will mark the wood. Best suggestion would be to put an "oops" band where the clip meets the body.

I do have instructions for it if needed.

Last edited:

juteck

Just as easy to attach here. If you need a better copy please PM me.

Attachments

• image-3393440460.jpg
    image-3393440460.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

walshjp17

Thanks John & Steve. The barrel is certainly a bit longer that the current WS II & III kits. Looking forward to turning this to see what it looks like.

Heeding the admonition on scratching!

its_virgil

Current Wall Street Ii or III bushings will not work. Either CSUSA or PSI had that pen and called it the broker if I recall. Maybe it is still available and you can get bushings. Or. Turn between a live center and dead center and use calipers. I may have bushings for your original Wall Street kits. I will look and see.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

walshjp17

Thanks, Don. I did a bit more research and found out PSI calls it the CEO. It is still in their inventory ... but for how long???

I wouldn't order the bushings alone -- $8.00 shipping for a $5.00 item. I'll likely TBC w/calipers.

Top Bottom