Myland's Cellulose sanding Sealer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Sanding sealer has other "ingerdients" including waxes I also use deft lacquer a t times.
You might wanto take a look at Russ Fairfields site and the article on pen finishes.It is a good read and there is alot of information and the reasoning behind using a sealer and why sanding sealers in general may have a an effect on the look of your finished product.

les-smith

I'm using Fangar's CA method with great success. I'm using Myland's sanding sealer though. I've read on the forum here that some say there is no real difference between cellous sanding sealers. They are basically the same, <b><u>I don't know though</u></b>, I've never compared them. I've put the sealer on with an applicator and the lathe not running, and I've done it with a T-shirt rag with the lathe running. I think I like doing it with the rag and the lathe running. I let it sit for about a minute and then use the rag to smooth it and dry it. It seems to me that it applies smoother with the lathe running and is easier to sand afterwards. I also think that the sealer doesn't have to do much after you've used the thin CA and sand paper portion of Fangar's method. In a nut shell, I'm using my rag to smooth and dry the sealer with the lathe running. When I'm done the sealer is dry to the touch and you can see it on the wood. I'm new so take my info. for what it's worth, but Fangar's method is basically all I use with a few changes I've made to suit my needs. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom