My wife's first pen attempt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thefunkyP

Well, I finally got my wife into the shop and helped her turn her own pen. She liked it I think as she now holds on to this pen a little more than the others she has...

This is also the first pen I've finished with CA. I am now quite fond of the finish. I ironed out the technique on some test blanks, and am still fine tuning the procedure, but I am pretty happy with the result. What's better, so is my wife.

This is a chrome slim with a violet/teal double dyed Boxelder Burl from Arizona Silhouette. Her choice to leave the clip off which ends up feeling great in your hand.

Comments and advice are always welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fafow

That's a great looking pen. I commend your wife on leaving the clip off. ;) At least I'm not the only one doing that for pens for women. If they keep it in their purse, why do they need it? I think Lou is also right. To avoid conflicts you might end up needing to get a second lathe. Then a second set of knives, micromesh ....

ldb2000

Beautiful pen fit and finish are top notch . You better hope she dont become addicted too or you will need another lathe and tools and blanks and kits and ...

Top Bottom