My second watch pen....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I finished a second watch parts pen this morning, around 6-7 AM. Way better than my first attempt. Unfortunately (or fortunately, from where I am standing ;)) there's no photo. (I know: no photo, never happened) I didn't have time. A guy came to my house to see some other pens, and when he saw it, he fell in love with it. He said..."whatever the price, that's mine". This has been the fastest and most expensive pen I have sold since I started making pens, a year ago. :biggrin:
I'll make another watch pen soon, and promise to take photos immediately. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

Then you better chase his butt down, give him the money back and take a darn photo. Obviously your priorities are in the wrong place.

What kind of person chooses cash over the IAP rule of "no pic, didn't happen" jeez. Some people.:biggrin:

Congrats on the sale.

Kenny Durrant

I'm with Haynie. I would at least make him take a decent picture and send it to me as part of the deal. On the other hand I wouldn't want to mess up the best sale I've ever had either. Congrats.

Tim'sTurnings

Congratulations on the sale. I am wondering, if you care to say, what did you get for it? I'm just checking around to see what prices can be had. I think I'm selling my pens too cheap.
Thanks, Tim.

Congratulations on the sale. I am wondering, if you care to say, what did you get for it? I'm just checking around to see what prices can be had. I think I'm selling my pens too cheap.
Thanks, Tim.

OK. First... remember I live in Mexico. Things here are much different here than in the USA.
Now, I spent 72 dlls in the kit (Emperor) plus the acrylic used to cast it which is a minimal amount and free shipping. I sold it for roughly the equivalent to $300 dlls. I think there is a good profit margin to cover for my labor. I also know that a first class pen of this kind sells for about twice as much in the USA.

Last edited:
Ulises - I am intrigued by a watch pen. Is this a kit or something that you configured?

Well I start with a kit. This kit in particular is an Emperor.
Then you have to paint the tubes black, glue as many watch parts as you can on them, then cast them in clear acrylic, turn to size and polish.
Here is a photo of my first watch pen. It's actually the 3rd, but the two previous attempts were complete failures.
Thank you for your interest.

Attachments

• Pens 165.jpg
    Pens 165.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 183

Pjohnson

Misunderstood

Thank you. My initial thought was they were working clocks within the pen.
Thank you for sharing.

Top Bottom