My first return

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
After almost 2 years of no problems, it was bound to happen:rolleyes: Got an email today that a new pen I delivered this week was not working right. It's a PSI 30 cal cartridge twist and the customer said it is not retracting all the way. Going to get it back Monday and take a look at it. ( and before you ask, yes, it worked fine when I delivered it. :biggrin:)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

I put one together yesterday and the nib acted like it was stripped out.Tried another one,same thing.Found that it was the brass coupler that is pressed into the nib end was spinning inside the bore.Had to locktite it in place.

I hope that does not keep happening on these.

Steve

dankc908

I've only had one return in several years. The customer said that it didn't extend/retract at all. It worked fine for the first couple of months they had the pen. I took a look at it and the spring was missing. I asked about this and was told that they had never opened the pen to take the refill out. Durn - I still can't figure out how that spring escaped! ;)
It took a lot of effort to remind myself that the customer is always right??? Does anyone know where one might buy just the spring for a "Parker" refill (Sierra/Gatsby pen) since I had to take the spring out of my good "carry pen" to fix the pen from which the spring sprung?

Dan

Lenny

Richard, I'll bet it is something simple like the refill catching in the nib or on the spring.

Dan, Wood n Whimsey (and no doubt many others) have the springs.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I've only had one return in several years. The customer said that it didn't extend/retract at all. It worked fine for the first couple of months they had the pen. I took a look at it and the spring was missing. I asked about this and was told that they had never opened the pen to take the refill out. Durn - I still can't figure out how that spring escaped! ;)
It took a lot of effort to remind myself that the customer is always right??? Does anyone know where one might buy just the spring for a "Parker" refill (Sierra/Gatsby pen) since I had to take the spring out of my good "carry pen" to fix the pen from which the spring sprung?

Dan
Yes I do know where you can buy just a spring for a parker style refill.

Well...got it back today. Already fixed and ready to go back to customer tomorrow. Took less than 3 minutes. It was the refill!!! I replace the original with a Private Reserve and THE LABEL on the refill was catching on the housing. Took the label off, cleaned the goo off and there-you-go. Works perfect. De-labeled another refill to give to the customer as a "sorry-for-your-trouble". Just glad it wasn't something worse.

Crashmph

Find a cheap throw away bic click pen and steal the spring and toss the rest out.

Michael

Dan

Top Bottom