My first pen(s)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

Well, I finally received my pen turning kit this week and couldn't wait to get in the shop this morning to try my luck. Sticking to the basics for now but did try to do a little something more than just turn straight down to the bushings. Probably could have spent more time with the sanding (but it was very cold out there). Finished with 2 coats of cyano sanding between coats and polished with the finish that came with my kit. Top one is bubinga, bottom Goncalo Alves.
Can't wait to do more tomorrow!

Lenny

Attachments

• firstpens.jpg
    firstpens.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 195
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JerryS

Nice looking first pens you did . Pen turning is addictive , soon you'll be over run with pens :D . The good part is everybody you give them to loves em . Have fun and post pics of the next bunch .

Tn-Steve

Very very nice. As a new pen turner myself, I can assure you that it's addictive. I also find that it's very relaxing, frustrating, rewarding and disappointing at times. There are some GREAT people here who also happen to make some fantastic pens. You can get a college education in pen-turning just by going to the library, following the forums, and asking questions.

Have Fun, and Welcome to the Madness

Steve

Lenny

I can see how it can become addictive. First pen was a gift for SWMBO. Tomorrow I hope to do a pair for my Dad's birthday next week. Now to order more pen kits. I'm going to stick with the slimline for now but eventually I want to try a roller and a fountain pen.
There sure is a lot of good information here. Finding something new each visit.
Thanks for all the comments.

Lenny

Top Bottom