My first one completed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

wel I finally quit poking the stick with a box and opened it. Here is my 2nd attempt and first I am willing to show anyone.
penpicks020.jpg

penpicks021.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

If only the first one did. Nothing on it fit as I was scared to cut it down to the bushing. And it was 2 different woods that didn't match. There is a 3rd but I can only take half credit my daughter of 12 has no fear of turning pens. I did not get a pic of it before she ran to show her papaw. Maybe tomorrow as it was a piece of 12 yr old cedar she used.

IPD_Mrs

Doesn't look bad at all! I think you are well on your way to being as addicted as the rest of us. Congrats on your nice beginning! :)

ctubbs

For a second attempt, that is WONDERFUL! That pen would not be bad for the 100th attempt. Your fit and finish is spot on. The shape belies the kit. Great job. Do not allow your daughter or especially your wife to get started turning. They will show you up so bad and before you can say 'scat', you will be having to buy yourself a lathe. Just lying, always encourage the young to enjoy and learn the tools. You are doing great. Congratulations. By the way, be sure and read the articles in the library here. The link is at the top of the page. Bunches of info on anything pen related.
Charles

Top Bottom