My first Majestic Jr. (problem)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

I just finished my first Majestic Jr. rollerball out of Thuya burl. I'm happy with how it came out with the exception that it wont "post" in either position. It's like there are no threads ... ?
Did I do something wrong or did I get a bad kit ?

Attachments

• MajesticJr.jpg
    MajesticJr.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 207
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Was there a black plastic piece that was attached to the centerband? That is where the threads are.

hewunch

Nope, you are supposed to leave that on. Also make sure the brass is not proud of the tubes (especially on the CB side) as it will show big time. DAMHIKT

hewunch

It may have slid out of the CB. You can pop the finial out with a transfer punch and use another to try to push it in. Then test to make sure it threads before putting the finial (and clip) back on.

Lenny

It may have slid out of the CB. You can pop the finial out with a transfer punch and use another to try to push it in. Then test to make sure it threads before putting the finial (and clip) back on.

I can see them but I think I'll give your suggestion a try. Maybe I just need to work it a little closer so things engage.

Thanks for the help!

GouletPens

Looks like from the pic the black plastic piece with the threads on it slid up into the barrel....popping out the finial and pushing that black piece back down towards the centerband should fix it!

Lenny

Looks like from the pic the black plastic piece with the threads on it slid up into the barrel....popping out the finial and pushing that black piece back down towards the centerband should fix it!

I have tried to do that ... unsuccessfully so far. It would seem that it should extend down into the center band in order for it to catch any thread ??? Right now it is just to the center band and as you can see from this picture not much thread sticks up beyond that point.

Attachments

• MagesticJr4.jpg
    MagesticJr4.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 135

hewunch

Lenny you can try to punch out the CB with a transfer punch but I got to tell you BE CAREFUL. You can mess up that plastic piece or your blank in a heartbeat (I have a piece of true stone in my shop reminding me of this lesson). If the black piece will pull out with a dental pick the finial end, that may be the trick, then knock out the CB with a punch.

Top Bottom