My First Kauri Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kaurikid

I purchased this kit from an online Taiwan company and if all pen kits are this easy to construct I shouldn't be having any headaches with future ones!

Anyway this one I decided to clothe in Swamp Kauri which I purchased on a visit to see my son in New Zealand. He owns a tree business there and as an arborist for the last 18 years so I have had the good fortune to come across some amazing woods.

Most of my other woodwork is influenced by my love of this wonderful ancient wood. So when I came across pen kits 2 months ago, while surfing the net, I thought I need to know how Kauri would look.

Since this one I've bought kits from Rockler in the USA and I am now finding out what this pen turning hobby is all about and I must say it's fun.

I must say though the quality of some of the kits is questionable so I'll be looking for something a lot better if anyone can recommend a top of the kits brand name please.

Enjoy. . . . .

thewishman

Welcome! Making pens is fun and can be addictive.

Berea Hardwoods is my top choice for pen parts - their quality is very good and the platings are excellent. They are available through their own website and through several resellers - Bear Tooth Woods sells (I think) only their pen parts; Exotic Blanks sells Berea parts along with several other companies' parts (they have a very wide range of pen parts, materials and supplies.)

walshjp17

Welcome to the wonderful world of pen turning. However, I'm not seeing your photos; not sure if others are seeing them.

Top Bottom