My first fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joey-Nieves

Craig:
Beautiful, The Coa gives it very elegant look while keeping the elegant line of the pen.

That looks like a Berea Flattop, The only thing I don't like about Berea is that most of there #5 nibs can't be removed. You must order the whole section if you want to change from the medium nib to a fine or course and that limits you to there nibs only, although some Schmidt sections fit.

Joey-Nieves

Thanks! Actually it's a Classic Elite2 from PSI.

Yes it is, I use the chrome because I've had bad experience with the gold, they tend to scratch, What I do is I clean, scrape and polish the inside of the band,specially the back edge before I mount it and remove a little reverb/bur it has from the factory. that usually takes care of the problem. The Classic Elite Gun Metal and Gold Has the same problem, but with a little patience it can be solved.

The Classic and Classic Elite are a nice pen
Joey

Skie_M

..... Why didn't you enter it in the Summer Extravaganza???

Looks great, could have won a prize for ya ... :rolleyes:

Kragax

Im not good enough to enter any contests. I do love the way the finish shows the grain though. Its almost 3D in real life, Lousy pic.

Joey-Nieves

Craig:
That pen is testament of careful preparation and good craftsmanship, a newbie is capable of making great pens, it's not about experience (although it helps) it's about tolerance. What is the tolerance you are comfortable with? There should be a balance, some turners measure with calipers where a feel is all you need. Always keep in mind that a pen most feel good in your hand, the parts must align with the kit and your work should look outstanding, just like the FP you just made.

In time you will develop a style of your own, a signature. I make mine ergonomic, I compare the body with my hand, although they end up looking like my wife(LOL)

These are some classics from woodturninz I make sometime back, I stay away from them because they scratch easily, you can see it in the picture, and these pens where brand new when I took the picture.

Top Bottom