My first clicker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimr

When I ordered this I did not really realize it was a click pen but I have been wanting to try one anyway. All those little parts is a bit intimidating but following the assembly directions closely was pretty easy. Its a little flashy to me but SWMBO thinks it is a super looking pen. With all the glitter there is not much reason to add any design so it was very easy to turn. The wood is red heart. I like click ballpoints but don't know if I will do any more gemini ones or not.
Thanks for looking

20041216125443_gemini.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

That is a very nice looking pen, Jim. I never considered this particular kit before, but seeing yours I might change my mind. It is an excellent job, and I do like your choice of wood for it.

jimr

Thanks Fred. I have one or two more of these kits so I will make those at least. I have a display of pens in a local arts and interiors store and if I get any interest in these I make order some more. I also intend to try a rollerball, been wanting to for a while now. Any advice on those, which one, etc.

G

You might like the Polaris.
Similar construction,simpler design.(twist)
Nice Job on the pen.

jimr

I have made several of the polaris pens and they are fun to make.
The only thing I don't like is that they are almost to large. The turned barrel has to be quite big to stay in perspective with the tip and cap size.

KKingery

Jim, that's a fine looking pen. I've been thinking of ordering a couple of those to try myself. I have'nt seen any others posted here, so I'm glad to see your pic and thoughts on it.

Daniel

I have made one of these in all the time I have made pens.
It was specifically requested by a friend of mine for a gift to his sister in law. I hear about how happy she is with it all the time. so for those that have a taste for them, they are the cats meow.
me I'm a Gent's pen type

Randy_

Originally posted by dougle40
<br />Nice job Randy.
I've looked at those kits but for whatever reason they just don't appeal to me at all.

Doug: I was just answering a question.....that is not my pen. Personally I prefer the more classic/conservative designs. "Gemini" would not be my first choice.

Speaking of "clickers", Berea has a new kit out that is described as....."new improved no jam clicker." Anyone tried this kit yet???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom