My first "big" order, and problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Whoa! Can't be any happier. A person ordered me 24 pens. This is a big order for me, given that I have been at this activity only for 7 months.
Now for the problem: He wants those pens in 5 different styles that he chose after seeing my inventory. One of those styles is "The Crown" in 24k gold. (7 pieces)
Crown Jewel 24kt Gold Twist Pen Kit at Penn State Industries

PSI has it Out of Stock with an availability date of mid June. Having seen how this works (PSI has the 12" VS Turncrafter Commander OoS since Nov or Dec 2011 and is constantly updating the availability dates. Latest is Aug 2012)...
Who else sells this particular kit? (The Crown pen kit, not the lathe)
I would like to purchase from somebody here.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MattTheHat

That's a pretty new kit and as far as I know, exclusive to PSI. I had to wait several months to get a few I had ordered. How many of them do you need? I might be able to help you out. I'll have to check but I think I have three of the gold kits on hand.

-Matt

reddwil

Ran into the same thing with this same kit a few weeks back. Nobody has them. Last week I got an email from PSI saying they were in stock. But when I went to order they were OUT OF STOCK.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ran into the same thing with this same kit a few weeks back. Nobody has them. Last week I got an email from PSI saying they were in stock. But when I went to order they were OUT OF STOCK.

May help for everyone to know that software is designed to let you know when a product you want is back in stock!! You will receive an email.

What generates the email? IF the company adds 1 or more pens to their inventory, the automated notice goes out to you. AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT HAS ASKED TO BE NOTIFIED!!! So, when you get these notices on popular products, best to ACT fast, if you still want the product.

Of course the same notice goes out if they add a thousand kits--so you may have lots of time---

FWIW,

Ed

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Whoa! Can't be any happier. A person ordered me 24 pens. This is a big order for me, given that I have been at this activity only for 7 months.
Now for the problem: He wants those pens in 5 different styles that he chose after seeing my inventory. One of those styles is "The Crown" in 24k gold. (7 pieces)
Crown Jewel 24kt Gold Twist Pen Kit at Penn State Industries

PSI has it Out of Stock with an availability date of mid June. Having seen how this works (PSI has the 12" VS Turncrafter Commander OoS since Nov or Dec 2011 and is constantly updating the availability dates. Latest is Aug 2012)...
Who else sells this particular kit? (The Crown pen kit, not the lathe)
I would like to purchase from somebody here.

Thank you in advance.
That kit is not available to PSI Resellers yet so if PSI doesn't have it no one will.

Hehe... such is life. MattTheHat here said he had 3 Gold Crown Royal kits and he was so kind to sell them to me. One hour after I sent him the money for the 3 kits, PSI sent me a email saying the Crown Royal kit was now in stock. :rolleyes:

I ordered 10 kits from PSI anyway. Looks like this is an eye catching item at my local crafts fair.

LagniappeRob

Why does the PSI site show this as: "Availability: In Stock Ready to Ship See Shipping Details" ??

Edit: Nevermind... guess I should have looked at page 2 before posting. :beat-up::hammer:

Last edited:

MartinPens

I would make one, remove the crystal stone, take it to the local jewelry store and see if they were willing to purchase it so they could put their own stone in it. The biggest downfall is that jewelers would hate the gold plated tongs. I'm sure the plating would break when they tried to work with it. Oh well, so much for that fleeting idea!
There are a lot of different tastes out there. What makes it into the inventory is what people will buy. If you have a buyer, congrats.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Top Bottom