MY First Attempt At Pen Turning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

William Young

Finally got my startup supplies for turning pens late yesterday and of course I had to go right at it and try my luck at turning pens.
I enjoyed making these slimline pens so I will be trying a few different styles as time goes on . These just have a satin finish because my high gloss friction finish did not get shipped with my supplies.
From left to right they are.
1 Padauk
2 Cocabola
2 Bacote
2 Purpleheart.
Needless to say, I am now hooked on pen making and look forward to experimenting with different styles and a wider variety of woods.
W.Y.
61062950.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Well there goes all the clocks that everyone loved.. LOL
But there is a better profit ratio on pens.. so you should do fine.. LOL
Nice pens Bill..

its_virgil

Nice job on the slimlines. You're now in the official Penturners club and what a fun addiction. I hope you enjoy penturning as much as I. Now, if you get tired of the same ole slimline, throw away the CB, cut the pen fatter and add a CB of cantrasting wood or plastic. Or, no CB at all. Go to http://www.woodturnerruss.com and learn how to make other pens from the slimline kits. Have fun and ...
Do a good turn daily!
Don

William Young

Thanks Don for that link;
I noticed he is in Northern Idaho. I will find out where abouts as soon as I get time because I am just 6 miles north of the Idaho panhandle. I may be able to go and see a pro at work and learn some pointers.

This is an edit;
I just went back to Russ's site and spent quite a while there. That guy sure is a master turnrer.

W.Y.

melogic

William,
Great Job! They look awesome! Welcome to the greatest addiction a person could have. Keep up the great work. The more you turn, the more you want to turn.

G

It won't be long before you start inscorporating your scroll saw work into your pen making.I can see the inlays now.
You'll figure a way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom