My Creative Dimensions blank#1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

This is my first test blank. I have two to do, 1 to do CA, and 1 to cast. This first pen blank...I don't recall what it is called, but it is very psychedelic. I have a lot of experience with CA, and I know when you put it on thick, you can be in for a lot of heart ache. Sometimes it can get some air bubbles or white chunks from un-even drying or clouding or who knows what/why, other than the fact it is caused from going so thick. Regardless I have to do a CA finish. I'm cheating too :)

I spray painted the blank with a metalic blue paint. I squeezed out some of my oil base artist paints. This type of paint is very thick. I painted part of the blank here and there with red. You can just brush this on..then you wipe it off, so the paint fills most of the channels and is wiped off the upper surface of the blue. Let that dry awhile then do it again in some other spots..ie the yellow. Let that dry and then do the rest in orange. Now the chanels are mostly full of paint and the outer surface is a uniform color. This will need a few days to cure before I can spin a finish on it...artist paints are thick and take a long time to cure..it may seem dry to the touch in a few hours, but it will not truly be dry.

Attachments

• Paint1.jpg
    Paint1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Paint2.jpg
    Paint2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 154
  • Paint3.jpg
    Paint3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 228
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
WORDING, Chris!!

Those new laser blanks remind me of the op art posters from the 60s. Can the pen be used to hypnotize a buyer into paying a higher price?:biggrin:

Why, glad you pointed that out!! I believe these pens might justify a larger initial investment!! I'm sure you agree they show an extremely high level of innovation and distinction!!!

Top Bottom