My addictive personality

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

hazard

I love playing on the lathe. I have a grizzly 1495 that doesn't really work for pens. I was at woodcraft yesterday and they were having 10% off of there tools. I was way to tempted by the Jet mini variable speed. I couldn't go home without one. Luckily they had one in stock. Last night I got it together and turned my 2nd pen.

Now getting to the pens, all I do in my free time is stare at woodcraft, packard tools, psi and csusa website looking at what I want to make. This stuff is some much fun. I wish I would of started doing pens 10yrs ago.

Just babbling
Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drayman

karl, i hope you are concentrating on my pen for the penturners swap [:0] [:0] [:0]regards colin.

Fred

Dudes, you need to be looking at the various suppliers on-line catalogs. That way you see the most current stuff, have the most current pricing, and best of all ... You can immediately call to see if the stuff you want/need/desire is in stock. THEN, you jump up and grab the checkbook, tell the LOYL - "Honey, I'll be right back!" and off you go to get your stuff.

Just don't do like someone around here that I know way to well and attach the trailer to the DUV before leaving. I, er, he came home much later than expected, and after only three different trips had the shop all equipped or so it was thought.

Good thing that Woodcraft is some 23 miles away from the home... [:)]

hazard

Well I just got home from Woodcraft again. I was in the area and figured why not stop in. I bought a bunch of replacement tubes for practicing. Bag of 10 gold slimline to practice with. A few atlas pens and bushings. The kids like the colorful acrylic blanks so I got 4 of them. Kind of a payoff for being good.

It is a very addictive hobby. Which pens are cooler. Do I need them all. Oh yeah!!!

Off to turning!
Chris

toolcrazy

Originally posted by hazard
<br />I love playing on the lathe. I have a grizzly 1495 that doesn't really work for pens. I was at woodcraft yesterday and they were having 10% off of there tools. I was way to tempted by the Jet mini variable speed. I couldn't go home without one. Luckily they had one in stock. Last night I got it together and turned my 2nd pen.

Now getting to the pens, all I do in my free time is stare at woodcraft, packard tools, psi and csusa website looking at what I want to make. This stuff is some much fun. I wish I would of started doing pens 10yrs ago.

Just babbling
Chris

[:D]

Sound like me, except I bought the Jet midi first, now I want a bigger lathe for bowls and plates. Only problem I have is I can only buy when my business budget allows. Promised the LOML that I wouldn't use house money for my projects. Working good so far.

Except for the Shaker table she wants. I can't pay for 40bf of cherry out of the business account.

hazard

[/quote]

[:D]

Sound like me, except I bought the Jet midi first, now I want a bigger lathe for bowls and plates. Only problem I have is I can only buy when my business budget allows. Promised the LOML that I wouldn't use house money for my projects. Working good so far.
[/quote]

There in lies another problem. I have a grizzly G1495 that is okay for spindle work but sucks for bowls. A JWL-1642EVS, 16" x 42" would go really good in my shop.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom