Music nib?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

solartom

Hey There!
I have a lady that wants a fountain pen, but it has to have a special nib that is used for writing sheet music. I guess it's something like a nib that's used for writing calligraphy. Anyone know of such a thing, and where I might find a nib or kit like that (for writing music)?
Thanks,
Tom in Sandpoint, ID

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Ernie at Beartoothwoods.com carries Berea kits. You could do an El Grande and order a broad nib that should do calligraphy. I think the nib is about $8 over the cost of the kit. I would imagine other fountain pen makers have similar products.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
CSUSA sells calligraphy nibs which fit both the Jr Gent and the Jr. Statesman. Don't tell Nils, but they also fit the Baron. Shhhhhh!!![:D]

driften

Well the "music nib" is a special nib, not just a calligraphy nib. The customer might be happy with a generic calligraphy nib but if they know what they are asking for they will not be happy. Sailor makes a music nib but I bet its very expensive and who knows if it would fit something we have a kit for.

wayneis

Yes the threads match up between the Jr.'s and the Barons. In fact when I want to dress up a Jr. Statesman Rollerball even further than it already is, I put a nib from a Baron on it.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom