Murphy made his way to Ohio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I wasn't real happy with the Zircote blanks I had turned to start with. I was inspired by Ed "YoYoSpin" Davidson's article on cigers and tried to get creative with the design. I do that a lot with SLs and have never really been disappointed. I just make it the shape that the wood tells me it wants to be, if that makes sense. [:p] Apparently the zircote didn't want to be this shape because it just doesn't speak to me, but what's done is done and the time came ot put it together. When I got ready to press the parts in the lower tube, the went in by HAND and promptly fell out with a little wiggle. Imagine my shock. [:0] I tested the upper tube and it's fine. I didn't know what else to do so a bit of CA on the part that goes inside the tube and I was in business.

20055293386_zircote_chrome.jpg

This was a few days ago and I've been thinking. I can't sell this pen. CA has virtually NO shear strentgh and if this pen gets dropped... POP... pieces everywhere! Looks like I'm going to have to hang on to it as advertisement. And we don't get along at all!!!![}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom