Murphy left

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

knottyharry

I think Murphy took a hike. (Good thing)
This was the third try to get this right, and it finally came together.
The pen is made from a slimline kit.
It was made from Purpleheart and Holly.

2005223101151_spiral001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodscavenger

Looks like spiralling is taking control of this board....nice work. BTW is that really purpleheart? My monitor must be way off, it looks very brown, almost like mahogany to me.

knottyharry

Thank you for your responses.
Actually it is Purpleheart, some of it turns to the brownish color.
I may take what I have left and put it in the sun for a while and see if it helps to bring the color back.
I kind of wish the spiral was a little closer together but after I marked it I couldn't change it.
The Holly is actually inside the Purpleheart.
Next time i'll change it a little.
Harry

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Try cooking your purpleheart at 350 for about 10 minutes. Turns it a brilliant purple (or so they tell me. I'm a bit color-blind).

Brent

I think Lou might be on the right tract. Last year in august I turned a peice of purple heart and put it out in the sun before i finished it hoping to get some more color to come out. It did help but i still wasn't happy with it yet so on saturday the wife and I where getting ready to leave for the weekend, I put them up on the dashboard of my truck while we were gone It was hot and sunny that weekend,after I got home and looked at the blanks I was amazed at the difference I think the heat from being in the truck made a big difference. So I think an oven would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom