Most "meat" at the bushings??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phillikl

Evening!

Being Navy, had a "ship-mate" ask if I could do an epoxy cast pen using some old uniforms. Having a couple gallons of max-clr and a couple vertex click kits laying around, I said Sureeee why not. Any who, had a few issues with bubbles (think maybe I need to let the CA cure overnight or trapped air in the material) and enough epoxy being left over on the ends to be able to turn proud of the bushings.

So my question, which kit would give the most thickness at the bushings?

Eating this elephant one bite at a time!

Merry Christmas,

~Kendall

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Actually, I have been trying to find the post where someone was talking about this issue and a member posted about a place/shop in the UK (I think) that was selling a very unknown 2 part/barrel pen kit, where one barrel had an unbelievable amount of "meat", I remember to log in on that site and saw the kit but I took no notes of this and since, I've been trying to find out that shop name...!

This was during 2012 and I believe, 6 to 8 months ago...!

Anyone remember this post/link...????

Cheers
George

Actually, I have been trying to find the post where someone was talking about this issue and a member posted about a place/shop in the UK (I think) that was selling a very unknown 2 part/barrel pen kit, where one barrel had an unbelievable amount of "meat", I remember to log in on that site and saw the kit but I took no notes of this and since, I've been trying to find out that shop name...!

Cheers
George

I would love to heart about this kit George mentions, for I have an idea that requires a lot of material over the tube.

Jim Burr

Banned
Have a look at the Polaris too, I received one in a swap and it looks like it has a lot of beef.

KenV

Berea was selling a "tropical baron" that was sold with abalone and coconut blanks. Like the vista, had extra allowamce for thick shells and polyester resin.

maxman400

Cheers
George
I just got the empress from Ax-minster in the UK, the bottom (or pen body) uses a 11/32 drill bit (about 8mm) and the out side (bushing size) is 15 mm which is a difference of about 7 mm or 3.5 mm on each side. All of these sizes are rough guesses since I have not set down with any calipers yet.

moke

The Patriazio and the Patriazio B has short tubes and is only 7mm tubes, but is very beefy around them. I like to use them for some segmenting because of that.

Joe S.

Going strictly from memory here, but dosent the gigantic guardian pen from PSI have an 8mm tube? That would be plenty of meat!

jttheclockman

I had made mention of this on one of the forums quite awhile ago when the Spring Blossoms came out from Timberbits. Not sure if there are other names. I gave up on that stuff already.

But the lower tube is great for casting things. Here I cast some 1/8" stainless steel rods. But the problem is the top cap has very little meat because I want to cast a braided stainless steel casting on the top but that poked through very easily. So that is my disappointment but may work for you.

IMGP0845.jpg

Top Bottom