Most comfortable Pentel I've made, but it needs...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

A clip!!!!

I'm thinking 1/16" or smaller aluminum rod wrapped around the barrel with a loop hanging down for the clip kinda like the chrome one on my blueberries and cream pencil. Thoughts?

This thing is amazingly comfortable though.

fatpencildkblue01.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnirenberg

Don,
I'm a big fan and like the style of this one. Awesome color. After your pic of the blueberries and cream pentel my wife was given a advertising pen that had the same clip. I wonder if there is a web site where you can buy the cheap logo pens (or even messed up ones) and take what you need off of them. As for the clip, no idea, other than make one ala Skiprat style.

DurocShark

Yeah, that clip came off a Navy recruiting pen. ;)

I looked and you have to buy like 100 pens to get the cheaper version of that clip. I'm in the process of sort-of replicating that style of clip with aluminum for this particular pen.

DurocShark

Here's what I settled on for clips. The two pencils are both similar, one is slightly fatter than the other. I was under a deadline (they were already sold, without seeing the clips!) so couldn't embellish further.

5/32" aluminum rod.

Attachments

• fatpencils1.jpg
    fatpencils1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 153
  • fatpencils2.jpg
    fatpencils2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 160

Rollerbob

Don, I've have been tinking around with clips designs lately, just wondering, is the 3/32 aluminum stout enough for a clip? BTW, like the wrap around you did. Seems to fit the style of pen.

DurocShark

It definitely seems strong enough. It will bend though, instead of spring back, if too much force is applied.

My next ones will use stainless steel wire of about the same diameter. Hopefully to get it a bit stiffer.

Top Bottom