More Nowling Ball fun

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

Well I cut this third ball called a Terminator and what an ideal name for it because it terminated my skews and 2 blades it was so dang hard. I would sharpen my skew and get about 1 inch cut and it wiuld jsut slide on the blank wtf I thought. I looked at the edge and sure enough it had ground a small indentation into it and rounded it over. I bought a new Olsen blade to cut what I thought was acrylic and after 3 inches of cutting the blade stopped cutting so I backed it out and got a piece of pine and it would not cut that either. This studd is like turning metal and I am done with that the other balls turn nicely but this ruined my weekend.
Jerry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

The rasp worked but I will be danged if I still put any steel tool on it the edge was toast. Carbide tools may work but for right now they are going in the TDL bin (To Do Later)
Jerry

PaulDoug

Jerry, are bowling bowls the same color as the outside all the way through. I have a red/black marble one, make a great pen.

bruce119

Ah the joys of cutting N..Bowling balls. When I cut mine up over 30 some of them had sparks flying out the bottom of ban saw and I chewed up about a dozen blades.

good luck

Top Bottom