more newbie questions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

nwcatman

1. does anyone have/sell/? cards to include w/a pen saying "made by" and maybe some instructions for the care of the pen.
2. is there such an animal as a carbide barrelle head trimmer. i am getting tired of having to sharpen the cutters after every 5-10 uses when cutting mesquite blanks. THANKS!!

PSI has a carbide cutter available, but it has 2 blades, rather than 4. I had one, but one of the 2 cutters chipped, and its no longer usable. I probably won't replace it with another carbide unit, only because I favor the 4-cutter design.

bitshird

The problem with a carbide barrel trimmer would be you really cant get carbide sharp enough to do a good job, it works good as a saw blade because that basically uses a shearing action, where as a barrel trimmer is more of a shaving type of cutting,
You can get carbide spotfacing cutters that will accept different size pilots, but they are pretty pricy.
I cheat[}:)] as soon as I get my blanks round, I remove them from the mandrels, put them in a 3 jaw chuck, and cut them flush with a lathe bit, I suppose you could do the same with a skew or a parting tool, I’ve never tried a wood lathe though, [:D]
Ken Ferrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom