Mont Blanc refill hack

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

txcwboy

I dont know if this has been posted here or not but I taught myself this last night :)Mont Blanc makes the smoothest writing ballpoint pen refills I have every tried.The BROAD is silky for signing your name with.I took my Gent Jr apart and compared the refill with a Mont Blanc ballpoint Broad. I took the cap off a brand new schimdt rollerball refill and cut it to fit the extra needed to make the mont blanc refill.I put the "spacer" I made in he barrel and then inserted the Mont Blanc refill and screwed pen together. WAH LAH ! It now writes as good as it looks. The rollerball refills are nice but this is even better to me. It didnt work on my Statesman though, something blocks it from coming out enough to be usable at the end.

Dave

20061061634_refills.jpg

20061061650_jrgentmont.jpg

2006106179_plug.jpg

twoofakind

We're woodchucks here, how about a dowel? My brother has a Mont Blanc Boheme and I tried to "massage" it to work in my emperor. It would probable work with a little trim work though.[;)]
Andy

Randy_

Originally posted by txcwboy
<br />.....It didnt work on my Statesman though, something blocks it from coming out enough to be usable at the end.

With the judicious application of the proper size drill bit to the Statesman tip, I bet you could get your MB refil to work....sort of like Scott's trick of drilling out the tip of the Sierra to allow it to accept a pencil cartridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom