Mont Blanc Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

Where do you get your Mont Blanc/Euro style pen kits? I want the best value which most likely will not be the cheapest kit out there..

I hardly sell pens...most are giveaways and don't want to spend too much on the kits (yeah I am cheap). But almost all pen recepients appreciate the pens even with cheap kits anyway.

I've sold a few but not worth bragging.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
The best Euro style kit around is the Berea Round Top Euro, it takes a parker refill and does not require a tenon to be cut for the centerband... BillB at Arizona Silhouette also has them...
It is the only Euro I will sell.... and it does well for me..

Rifleman1776

So far I have only been making the 24K Euros that use a 7MM drill and mandrel. The Berea's require an "O" drill and a "B" mandrel. Whatever those are. You will be required to purchase new drills and equipment to get started with them. The plating, upgrade gold, is superior, however, and depending on how many you plan to make the extra investment might be worthwhile.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Not only is the plating a much better grade, but the mechanisms are better and they are closer in size to the original MontB pens and use the better parker refil.. as for the O drill, you can use either a 5/16 or a 21/64 and epoxy the tubes in place like I do.. I don't own a O Drill, I do own the B mandrels and wish all pens used them.. they are a slightly larger diameter and much stiffer mandrel.
I only make them in TN Gold.. I refuse to sell any lesser quality gold to my customers.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Dario,

If you are not really interested in selling pens, your choice of materials is less important than for Griz and others whose reputation goes out with each writing instrument.

However, 24kt gold was never meant to be used to plate utensils. It will wear off. So, since you are investing the time and some kind of wood/plastic blank, I would suggest you stay with the "Upgrade" gold at a minimum.

Also, if you don't turn a lot, the B mandrel is actually a benefit-except it only works with Berea kits. But, it offers much more resistance to "whipping" and bending as you take the edges off a square blank.

The Parker pens are much more versatile-with gel as an option, so I would agree that this would be your best investment. However, no matter what you choose, your friends should be VERY grateful that you have given them an hour of your life that is incorporated into that "pen"!

CJ

I found a set of Mont Blanc bushings in one of my storage drawers. I do not know what kit to get that they would be use them for. I have made European style pens but the only the ones from Woodcraft that you have to cut a tenon. These bushings are different than the ones used for that kit. Any help would be appreciated.[?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom