Money blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

I had a question tonight from a friend that I couldn't answer. "How much money do you think is actually in one money blank?"

Thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

Well lately the chopped up money I have been getting from the BEP for my blanks are $100.00 bills. Figures they chop up the big bills. I like the ones better they have a LOT more detail and interesting stuff the 100s are a bit boring.

juteck

Bruce -- any idea how much $$ would have been in a bag, and how many blanks per bag you get?

Well lately the chopped up money I have been getting from the BEP for my blanks are $100.00 bills. Figures they chop up the big bills. I like the ones better they have a LOT more detail and interesting stuff the 100s are a bit boring.

bruce119

Bruce -- any idea how much $$ would have been in a bag, and how many blanks per bag you get?

Hmmmmnot a clew but get out the scale & calculator I failed math so don't ask me. But the bag is 5 lbs I use 4 oz paper per mold get 7 blanks out of a mold what does a bill weigh on the BEP they say it $10,000 worth but that may 1s if it's 100s add 2 more 0s. It's a lot you do the math my head hurts. :eek::confused:

RAdams

Banned
4 pours per pound. 5 pounds, 20 pours. 7 blanks per pour: 140 blanks per bag. ten grand into 140 blanks, 71.42 and some change. If you use Benji's and a bag is a cool million, then each blank has 7142.85 and some change.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
From the Bureau of Engraving and Printing web site -[
http://www.moneyfactory.gov/faqlibrary.html

[FONT=geneva, arial, sans-serif]must not claim the value of the shredded currency enclosed in a product as having a monetary value greater than the weight of the shredded currency per ounce, or fraction thereof, multiplied by $165 per ounce. [/FONT]

hjdiamond2

Here is the official response from the treasury

Does the BEP make shredded currency available to the public?

Shredded currency is available in small amounts through the BEP. Small amounts, as pre-packaged souvenirs, are available for sale in the Washington, DC and Fort Worth visitor centers. Larger amounts of shredded currency for use in artistic or commercial purposes will need to be obtained from the Federal Reserve Bank; and written approval from the Chief, Office of Compliance, is required before the Federal Reserve Bank will consider honoring currency residue requests. Treasury approval will be based upon the following requirements.

1. The recipient must follow Environmental Protection Agency and other local or state requirements for recycling shredded currency.
2. The shredded currency must not be recycled into paper of printable quality.
3. The residue must not be used as confetti, or in loose form such as used in packing materials.
4. Firmly seal any container in which the residue is placed so that it must be broken in order to remove the residue. The container must be at least 4 mils thick.
5. Due to the presence of various chemicals in ink, the recipient must not use shredded currency for the creation of products designed to hold food or drink for human consumption.
6. If the recipient is intending to make a product with shredded currency, a sample of the product and/or packaging and marketing materials may be required.
7. The recipient must not claim the value of the shredded currency enclosed in a product as having a monetary value greater than the weight of the shredded currency per ounce, or fraction thereof, multiplied by $165 per ounce.
8. The recipient must not ship the shredded currency overseas.
9. The recipient must not place any replica of U.S. currency on any product or container into which shredded currency is placed, or on any related advertising or other written material.
10. The recipient must agree not to resell or otherwise dispose of the residue without Treasury approval.

Requestors must agree to the above conditions and state intended use in a written request to the following address:

Bureau of Engraving and Printing
Attn: Chief, Office of Compliance
Shredded Currency Request
14th and C Streets, SW
Room 321-A
Washington, DC 20228

Please include your contact information and allow 21 days for a response. The Department of the Treasury reserves the right, at its own discretion, to revoke any approval granted if the above conditions are violated.

RAdams

Banned
well in that case...

4 ounces per mold, $165 per ounce--- $660 per mold.

7 blanks per mold-----$94.28 per blank. (roughly)

On a slightly different note... Imagine the person that has to stand there and shred money all day for a living. I wonder how much money they shred a day.

Last edited:

JerrySambrook

well in that case...

4 ounces per mold, $165 per ounce--- $660 per mold.

7 blanks per mold-----$94.28 per blank. (roughly)

On a slightly different note... Imagine the person that has to stand there and shred money all day for a living. I wonder how much money they shred a day.

Ron,
Two things, Good pricing for the shredded blanks.
And glad to see your avatar is back, less scary than the "dignified" look:rolleyes:

Jerry

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
From the Bureau of Engraving and Printing web site -[
http://www.moneyfactory.gov/faqlibrary.html

[FONT=geneva, arial, sans-serif]must not claim the value of the shredded currency enclosed in a product as having a monetary value greater than the weight of the shredded currency per ounce, or fraction thereof, multiplied by $165 per ounce. [/FONT]

Close...the real answer is none. If I can't spend it it ain't money.

Top Bottom