Monet/ Gatsby transmission thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DME72

does anybody know the thread size for the monet/gatsby transmission? i have an idea for a modified pen i would like to build and use that transmission. woodnwhimsies did not have an answer for me.

thanks
doug

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DME72

based on what i measured my thread gauge says .5mm and the outside of the threads are about .270. that would suggest it is 7mm with .5 pitch but that is just a guess. i would like to find someone who knows for sure.

doug

KenV

Sierra tap in the shop is 8.44 mm. Can try to find it for pitch if you really need it

Edit in 8.44 by 1 tap from group by in the dim past

Have no idea about Gatsby.

Last edited:

magpens

8.5mm x 1mm - just measured on a Sierra twist. Your Monet / Gatsby should be the same.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
8.5mm x 1mm - just measured on a Sierra twist. Your Monet / Gatsby should be the same.

Mal, you MAY be absolutely correct!!! But I would not bet on it--I have seen at least 3 different sizes on sierra and look-alike pens.

I don't know how to measure accurately, which is why I never answer this question!!

Ed

DME72

it cant be 8.5mm with the diameter being about .270 which is right at 7mm. 8.5mm would put it about .325-330
doug

magpens

That is what I measured on a Sierra twist, Doug. Maybe Gatsby is different. You have the Gatsby in your hand ... trust your own measurment.

Ed, I have no doubt about my measurements on the Berea Sierra twist stated above.
It surprises me greatly that you say you don't know how to make these measurements accurately. :rolleyes::biggrin::)

My measurement is consistent with Ken's given above my post.

Last edited:

magpens

Oh .....

Ken and I were referring to the Sierra twist. . I could be wrong about the Gatsby being the same.

Going to Mike Redburn's website .... Tools Tap/Dies 8.5 x 1 mm .... this statement is made beside the 8.5mm x 1 tap listed --

"8.5x1mm for the Baron/Sedona Navigator style pens and the Sierra style transmission threads"

With regard to the Gatsby, the PSI blurb reads:

"... the Gatsby [Twist] Pen Kit exhibits mystery, flair and elegance ..." :biggrin:

but their instruction sheet doesn't help much ... looks like the Gatsby transmission is somewhat different from the Sierra.

I see from here ... https://www.woodnwhimsies.com/media/Instructions/Monet.pdf ...

that the Monet transmission looks similar (in size only) to the slimline transmission and is totally different from the Sierra.

Seems that I should never have joined this thread !!!! . . "I didn't know that Healthcare could be so complicated !" . :biggrin:

Last edited:

magpens

Aha .... INTERESTING .... I just checked an ExoticBlanks Zodiac transmission (which appears to be VERY like the Monet transmission) ...

I get the same measurements as the OP !!!!! .... 0.270" thread OD (7mm would be close) with a pitch of 0.5 mm

This is a totally different transmission from the Sierra twist that I measured first and I was totally wrong to think that measurement would apply to the Monet / Gatsby (which themselves seem to be very different from each other based on the instruction sheets).

So, Doug, I hope this confirms your measurements and that you can proceed.

Please post a picture of your modified pen !!! . Good luck !!

This has been a fun and instructive exercise !

Last edited:
Top Bottom