Moisture Meter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this on the end of another thread and don't know if it got lost in the shuffle.

I have been lusting for a moisture meter. I got a Harbor Freight catalog a few weeks ago and they have one listed, pin type, for $29.99. On line the price is $24.95 plus postage and handing.

I just ordered one. I know Harbor Freight stuff is not high end but I have never gotten anything from them that wasn't fairly described and that didn't function as advertised. Most recently I bought a 23 gage Pin Nailer from them. It works quite nicely for home woodshop kind of work. No idea if it would hold up in production. I put 100 23 ga. 1/2" pins through it as fast as I could pull the trigger, as a test. Not one misfire, not one bent pin, not one jamb. Good enough for me.

It really doesn't matter for home wood shop work if the thing is accurate to hundredths of a percent. If it gets in the ball park with readings it is all that most people would need. The ad says +-1% and that is good enough for me.

Anyone else ever buy one of these?

tipusnr

Please post how the meter works for you when you get it. I buy from Harbor Freight often as well but sometimes get disappointed when I don't really understand what I read and the tools won't do what I want.

Doghouse

I have had one for almost a year. You have to be careful not to push too hard, you can break it. It is reasonably accurate, and gives you a good idea as to moisture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom