Modifying a Jr. Gent II top band

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EarlD

I'd like to change out the tiny Gold band on the band on the top of a Rhodium Jr. Gent II. I'd rather not bugger up a kit if I can help it so all suggestions will be appreciated.

Here's a couple of pics so you'll understand what I'm trying to describe:

P10304052.jpg

P10304062.jpg

I do know the black part will come out of the Rhodium part, but the Rhodium part appears to be all one piece. Does the Gold part come off without destroying it?

Earl

jskeen

It does, but not without a fight. There are several posts here about it and how to go about removing and replacing it. One of them might even be mine. I had a block of scrap hardwood I glued a piece of plexiglas on top of then drilled close and filed by hand till it would slip over the bottom platinum ring (which is really part of the center band) and catch on the gold ring. You can then put a second scrap over the thin open end and very carefully drive the gold ring and the second platinum band above it (which is pressed on) up the center column of the assy. Once it gets to the end, it will loosen up and slip off, and you can remove the gold band and substitute whatever you want. Once you get the new trim ring finished and glued onto the assembly, you can then either press the top platinum ring back on with a second drilled and filed hole in your block (you can do it with the finished blank too, MOST of the time, but those few times it don't work REALLY suck).

Last edited:
Top Bottom