Mixing finials and clips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Raymond

This site has a wealth of information. I've been reading threads for a week now and finally registered to ask this question:

I'm planning to buy about 20 assorted kits from Craft Supplies. Today, I discovered (through a link in of the threads here) these finials and clips for Traditional, Ameroclassic and EuroStyle pens. Does anyone know if the finials or at least the clips will work on pens from other suppliers? I'd like to avoid splitting my order for volume discount purposes. I understand what's been said about using the bushings from the same manufacturer as the pen kits, but what about parts like these? Interchangeable?

TIA

Ray

Hosspen

Welcome aboard Ray! We're glad you're here, You're right about the wealth of information found here.
I'm not sure I understand your question, but will try to answer what I think you are wondering. The eurostyle clips will probably fit a european style pen from different manufacturers. The problem may be the finish (metal type) on the clips not matching the color of the other kits exactly in color. Also the different finishes have a different wear life. I'm not sure but think the ameroclassic probably is the same style as American Classic (flat top) pen so would maybe be interchangeable with those from some other suppliers. (someone please jump in here and correct me if this is wrong).
Still you may want to order just a few of these specialty items to see how well they match your particular kits to start with.
Some people may not notice the difference between a 24K gold clip and a Gold Titanium nib and center band, but I wouldn't mix them on a pen. (just my 2 cents worth) I hope this helps, maybe someone with a better variety of kits skills will help you out here.

ldb2000

Raymond , Welcome to the group .
Why not just buy the kits from HUT as well so you can be sure that they will match .
The parts should fit any of the different manufacturers pen kit but as hoss said there may be differences in platings and may not match exactly .

Raymond

Thanks for the welcomes.

Hoss, I think you got the picture. I thought about the plating differences and that does bother me. If I use the (black) finials instead of the clips, that should reduce the problem, I think. I only need about 6 of the logos, so considering shipping costs, it's probably best to just buy 'em and try 'em if there's at least a reasonable chance they will work. I guess the question now is, if I press a HUT finial onto a Craft Supplies Americana pen, will it fit and will it stay put? It looks like they assemble the same way, but the size of the nipple on the back of the finial could be different than the size of the hole in the pen.

Butch, the only reason for not buying the pens from HUT is that I'm only buying about 20 or 25 pens which qualifies for 15% discount from CS. If I buy a half dozen pens from HUT :frown:, I'm below the 20 mark for the CS discount. Guess I could buy some more kits, though. :wink:

Top Bottom