Mixed up bushings.which are which?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

OSCAR15

Stupid me got bushings mixed up for PSI Polaris and Cigar pen.
The cernter bushing for cigar is easy enough to determine. Can anyone
please post measurement dimensions for the end bushings for these two pens? They are pretty close in size. THANKS ...
PS. Any suggestions to prevent this from happening in the future would also be appreciated. I use a compartmentalized plastic box. Apparently, the divider came loose and the bushings got mixed up.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnson

The cigar bushings have the largest of the two ends at the cap and the smaller one at the nib. Polaris I can't help you with. If you go to any supplier site you can download their instructions and print for reference. Also, if you don't have a micrometer or a vernier,[sp] get one. Harbor Freight has good prices on digital ones.

Dario

If you have kits for them...mic the parts and find the matching bushing. If you dont't have a caliper, maybe matching them next to each other may work too.

angboy

Originally posted by Huzzah
<br />I have just started documenting the sizes of the bushings I have. I get bored during lunch and this gives me something to do. I apoligize for the mess the attached .pdf is but I didn't have this one dimensioned yet so I quickly did it so I could reply to your post. Hopefully there will be a .pdf attached to this post. E-mail me through my profile if this doesn't work for you.

Steve

Wow Steve- you must have some long lunches! I was expecting just some sort of list, but you've got this in minute detail! Would you share any others that you've done for other pen kits, os as you add others would you share? Hopefully I'll never need the info but it'd be nice to have around, and besides that, it just looks so impressive, I have to print it out! [:D][:D]

JimGo

Pretty cool Steve, thanks!

Now if you could just make the drawings to scale, this way lazy people like me could hold the bushings up to the drawing... [:D]

Dario

Originally posted by Huzzah
<br />What can I say, I like to play around in CAD. CAD/CAM was my original career choice until I got derailed into computers. As soon as I can get the rest of the dimensioning done I was going to put them all together into one .pdf file and share. I will also then ask anybody who cares to share the specifics of the bushings they have and with me so I can add those to my file. Look for this in the next week or so.

Impressive!

Can I make a suggestion?

Is it possible to line them up instead? You know like how you will use them in the mandrel.

While you are at it...can you put the length of the tubes? I am planning on making one almost similar (without the drawings) but in a table form (excel) but yours will be much better [:D]

The plan was a one page reference for cutting and turning, etc. Would be nice to use when you are measuring (with caliper) while turning.

This is only a suggestion, feel free to ignore it. [;)]

M

Mudder

One cigar bushing should be .460 diameter and the other should be .471 diameter. If you look on the homepage there is a link to a pdf I made some time ago that has the drawings of the cigar bushings.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As everyone knows, we have the "all-seeing" Eagle flying above.

He suggests that the Polaris is a 3/8" tube and the cigar is 10mm. Your bushings will only fit properly in ONE of the above sizes. So, try the bushings in the smaller tube-if they don't fit into the tube, they belong to the larger (I believe this will be the cigar).

Just a little input from above (tongue firmly in cheek).

Randy_

A lot of bushing sizes have already been published in charts that are readily available either here or on the Yahoo site. Steve may be reinventing the wheel??

wood-of-1kind

Steve, your drawing is A-1 and IMHO you are not reinventing the wheel. If there is a bushing 'wheel' out there already, it's not as smooth as your drawing. Please continue to share these as you add to the collection. I for one like your visual presentation a lot more than 'raw' numbers. Thanks for sharing.

-Peter-[:)]

Randy_

Steve: I can appreciate that not all foks perceive problems from the smae perspective. If the dimensioned drawings work for you, that is wahat counts. Just wanted to be sure you were aware of the existing data that has been published. There are a lot of folks who do not know that it exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom