Miter saw quest!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MatthewZS

Being in a situation with VERY limited shop space it occurs to me that while bandsaws and table saws and cold laser wood fision devices (oh wait....) are fun they are not the only option.

Anyone have any recommendations for a nice precise but not break-the-bank hand miter saw?

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader

hdtran

Being in a situation with VERY limited shop space it occurs to me that while bandsaws and table saws and cold laser wood fision devices (oh wait....) are fun they are not the only option.

Anyone have any recommendations for a nice precise but not break-the-bank hand miter saw?

Thanks.

Just bought the Woodcraft $20 "mini miter" saw at a local woodcraft. The maximum capacity is not quite 1" tall, but it will do almost 2" wide. Comes with a Japanese pull-cut backsaw, with nominal width 0.010" & kerf 0.014".

See http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2003618/3495/Saw-and-MiniMiter-Box-Set.aspx

I've used it for making two cuts (so far) to trim blanks to almost correct size prior to milling/sanding to size. Works fine. (See my previous "AAARGH" post :)) I will try using it to make a celtic-knot-like segmented pen next.

Best,

hdt

jttheclockman

Thanks.

If you want the best and to do things like this here is the hand miter saw to honestly check out. Abit more money but you get what you pay for.

http://content.penturners.org/articles/2009/6-Segment-Knot-Pen.pdf

Top Bottom