Mini Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jzerger

My favorite pencil is the Pentel Kerry. It is a short, with cap, postable, pencil and so is nice for sticking in your pants pocket.

I couldn't adapt the "pocket pen" so as to have the cap.
But did manage to modify a slimline pencil so that I only needed one barrel (I blew out the other barrel on a pen months ago). It is a corian barrel. (see pic)

If you have any suggestions how to make a postable, with cap, pencil ...please give advice/comments/etc..

The biggest issue I have with this one is that it uses a slimline pencil kit and so the mechanism leaves a bit to be desired (based on experience).

Thanks for the help,
john

Attachments

• IMG_0466[1].jpg
    IMG_0466[1].jpg
    52 KB · Views: 173

Chuck Key

If you have any suggestions how to make a postable, with cap, pencil ...please give advice/comments/etc..

john

You might start with a kit that posts then modify that to accept the mechanism. The attachments show a Pentel sharp mechanism in a Zen based body. I have been using this one for a while in my shop so it is getting a scared.

I made it for one of the Bash contests but did not submit it for fear of being DQed since the barrel had been used on a pen shown several years ago.

Chuckie

Attachments

• pzen1.jpg
    pzen1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 106
  • pzen2a.jpg
    pzen2a.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 110
Top Bottom