Military ribbon pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

AceMrFixIt

For those that have put a ribbon on a pen, what did you use to attach the ribbon to the tube? I am going to use 2 sided tape but dont know if the PR will weaken the tape. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leestoresund

I've used CA and modge podge. Whatever I've done hasn't worked because after the cast there is discoloration on the ribbon.

I've even used uncatalyzed Silmar and still got discoloration.

So I, too, am looking for a good technique.

Lee

seamus7227

I have casted Military camoflauge(BDU's) material and used CA to glue it to the tube. No pressure pot, just pour Silmar 41 directly onto ribbon. I also casted using another type of fabric using the same method and had the same results. I will say to be careful not to use too much CA so it doesnt seep thru the fabric, which could cause the discoloration.

AceMrFixIt

I have cast the new Navy camo material on a pen. Its dark and the PR made it darker. I am thinking some waterproofing spray and see if that helps.

Mike5753

Just an idea because I have looked at doing this. Could you print the ribbon on a acyrlic sheet, or perhaps regular paper than seal it first in plastic wrap of some sort? Again throwing out ideas that I have thought about. I was planning on trying to do this this summer. Ventilation in basement not good enough to do this.

Mike

Top Bottom