Military Pen Questions - flat/matt black blank? and pen part supplier?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

Hi -- I want to make an army themed cartridge pen for my brother in law, and have a couple of questions.
  1. How do you get a flat matt look on a black "plastic" blank --- there is alot of talk on how to get the shine, but how do you get rid of it without the obvious scrath marks. I still want it smooth/scratch free, but flat. Any kind of material out there that fits this bill? Anything that's already available in pen blank size?
  2. Where can I get spare parts for the flat top american ballpoint -- specifically, I'm looking for a TN gold clip and finial, and a black Ti clip and finial, and also the threaded finial bushing insert. Does anyone know the thread size on the finial -- I can always tap my own bushing if I need to. I don't need the transmission, center band, or nib, so was hoping to avoid have to buy the whole kit.
Thanks for your help.

rjwolfe3

On the first part see if you can use Delrin but be warned glue doesn't like to stick to it.
On the second part can't help ya with.

Tactile is what I believe you are looking for and you might try to searching our suppliers with that word.

jleiwig

Top Bottom